This roast chicken recipe is a real winner and ensures maximum moisture with nice brown skin. The basting oil is a delicious combination of Cockatoo Grove Organic Olive oil and Cockatoo Grove Lemon Zest. The Lemon Zest oil adds a wonderful yet subtle lemon flavour to the skin of the chicken.
1 x Organic Chicken
Splash of Cockatoo Grove Organic Olive Oil & Cockatoo Grove Lemon Zest Olive Oil for basting
Salt & Pepper
1. Take your organic chicken from the fridge and bring to room temperature.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees celsius (all temperatures are with fan).
2. Baste entire chicken with a combination of Cockatoo Grove Organic Olive oil and Cockatoo Grove Lemon Zest Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken breast side up in roasting dish (preferably on a roasting rack) and into the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
4. Turn oven down to 180 degrees celsius. Turn over your chicken (so it is breast side down) and add some additional basting oil. Roast for a further 20 minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 125 degrees celsius and roast for a further 20 minutes.
6. Turn oven up to 150 degrees celsius and turn chicken over to breast side up. Baste again and roast for a further 10 minutes.
7. Remove chicken from the oven and leave to rest for 25 minutes. Then serve immediately.